Australian Embassy
Republic of Korea
Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) Visa (Subclass 400)

1. About this visa                                                                                                                                                      2. How do I apply for this visa

About this visa

When applying for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400), you must undertake one of the following activities in Australia:


Highly specialised work
You can apply for this visa to do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work in Australia if you have specialised skills, knowledge or
experience that both:

  • can assist an Australian business
  • cannot reasonably be found in the Australian labour market.

Highly specialised work is usually work that either:

Emergency Workers and Other Exceptional Circumstances
In very limited circumstances, this visa may be granted in Australia’s interest. In these cases, the department needs to be satisfied that the activity identified in the visa application is of national significance.
For example, this visa could be granted to emergency workers to come to Australia after a natural disaster.


NOTE: Your work or activity must be non-ongoing. This means that you can finish it in six months or less. Do not make arrangements to stay in Australia any longer than that. You also should not agree to being rotated through a position on a short-term basis as one of a number of overseas workers. If the work is ongoing, and even if your contract is less than six months, consider applying for a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457).
See: Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)

How do I apply for this visa?



Last Updated: 21/12/2017