You can apply for this visa if you want to enter Australia to undertake one of the following activities:
- Invited participant
You can apply for this visa if you have been invited for stays up to 3 months by an organisation operating in Australia to participate in a specific
cultural or social event or events. For example, conferences, sporting, religious and other community events.
The inviting organisation must be both:
o operating lawfully in Australia
o directly responsible for the event or have a formal role in preparing for or conducting it.
You cannot accept any salary, wages or other remuneration for participating in the event, other than:
o prize money
o appearance fees
o reimbursement for your reasonable expenses of doing the activity
o payments from your non-Australian employer.
This visa is not intended for business people attending a conference or taking part in meetings or business negotiations. You can apply for a
Visitor visa (subclass 600)-Business Visitor stream instead.
See: Visitor visa (subclass 600)
- Australian Government endorsed event
You can apply for this visa if you are required to participate in a government endorsed major event.
To lodge a Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408) application, please prepare documents per the below checklist.
See: Application checklist
- Photocopies and translation
- All documents included in the application must be copies of the original documents.
- All documents not in English must be translated by an accredited translator.
- For clients in South Korea, the English translation must be translated and notarised by a Notary Public.
- For clients in Japan, the English translation must be translated by an accredited (http://www.naati.com.au) or professional translator. The translation must be either on company letterhead or must have the translator's official company stamp/seal and must include their contact details.
You must lodge your application online.
- Online application
- Create an online ImmiAccount if you do not have one already
- Start your online application from your ImmiAccount
See: Temporary Activity Visa online application
NOTE: It is strongly recommend that you attach your supporting documents to your online application at time of application.
If you need to provide subsequent supporting documents after the lodgement of your online application, you can attach them to your online application via ImmiAccount.
Please ensure that the size of each file does not exceed 5MB and we recommend clients to attach files in PDF format.
See: Attach documents to an online application
- Processing service standards
- Information on the average processing time service standard for visa applications processed in Seoul can be found at Application Processing Time Service Standards. Please note that the service standards are indicative only. Processing time on individual cases may vary depending on individual circumstances and the complexity of each case.
- Visa decision
- You will be notified of a decision by email (if you have agreed to electronic communication) or by post.
- Australian visas are recorded electronically so a visa label is not placed in your passport.