238 Karibacho, Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa, 240-0025
From Tokyo to Nagata Exit
There are two options:
- The most direct route:
Follow Route 1 towards Yokohama. Halfway down it becomes K1. Shortly thereafter, turn off onto K5, cross the Bay Bridge and then onto K3. Follow this road to the Nagata Exit and follow the directions below.
- The more scenic Bay Shore Route:
Following the signs for the bay shore route, take route 11 from Tokyo over the Rainbow Bridge, past Haneda Airport, over the Tsurumi-tsubasa and Bay Bridges. Turn onto K3. Once you arrive at Nagata Exit, follow the directions below.
From Nagata Exit to Hodogaya Cemetery
- Turn left at the junction at the bottom of the Nagata exit ramp. Follow this road for three blocks, until you reach the first set of traffic lights. A very small police box is at this intersection.
- Turn right and continue along this narrow road for about 2 km.
- You will pass a Shell Service Station after about half a kilometre, shortly thereafter the road veers to your left. Keep going!
- When you reach the Idemitsu Service Station, turn right. This even narrower road will take you up a twisty path to the top of the hill.
- Just after you crest the hill (and the road straightens out again), you should see a police man directing the traffic into the cemetery (a sharp left, down a very steep driveway). Go slowly!
From Yokohama Station
- Take bus #53, departing from bus stop #24, Sogo Bus terminal
- Closest stop to the cemetery is Jidou Yuuenchi Iriguchi mae
- Approximately 26 minutes travelling time
- On return, the bus will stop at Yokohama Eki Nishi-guchi
A taxi from Hodogaya Station should take about 9 minutes and cost approximately 1,000 yen. The Japanese name for the cemetery is: Eirenpo Senbotsusha Bochi.