About working with us
Job vacancies at the Australian Embassy in Tokyo are advertised below.
Locally engaged staff do not have diplomatic or consular status, privileges or immunity. Wages and conditions of service are based on Japanese labour laws and Japanese labour market conditions.
Current local job opportunities
Position 1: Commissioner, NSW Trade & Investment
Position 2: Senior Business Development Manager, NSW Trade & Investment
Austrade is looking for motivated professionals to join our team in Japan. Those positions require a highly motivated and experienced investment professional with an understanding of the export and investment attraction process and significant experience in business development, preferably in an international environment, to deliver the Austrade/NSW Trade & Investment Strategy for Japan by undertaking the following activities:
- Identify productive FDI projects and leads for the New South Wales (NSW6) economy;
- Identify opportunities for priority industries (infrastructure, financial services, innovation and technology, and food and agribusiness) for NSW export ventures;
- Develop and maintain extensive and relevant in-market networks;
- Maximise impact and results of NSW Government activities such as ministerial and trade missions, market visits and international events.
To view the job description and the selection criteria for the positions and the instruction for application please click the link below:
- Commissioner, NSW Trade & Investment (Click here)
- Senior Business Development Manager, NSW Trade & Investment (Click here)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications by 6:00pm Tokyo time on Thu 11 January 2018.
Internships at the Australian Embassy
Applications for 2018 internships have been closed on 31 October 2017.
For your further interest, please refer to the FAQ .