About this visa
New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461) is for clients:
- who are not a New Zealand citizen,
- who are an eligible family member of a New Zealand citizen and
- the New Zealand citizen family member is living in Australia on a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or will be travelling with you to Australia and will be granted a Special Category visa (subclass 444) on arrival
The applicant(s) must be related to the New Zealand citizen as either:
- their partner
- their (or their partner's) dependent child
- the dependent child of their (or their partner's) dependent child
- their (or their partner's) relative who:
- does not have a partner
- usually lives in the New Zealand citizen’s household
- is dependent on the New Zealand citizen.
What can I do with this visa?
If you are granted this visa, it allows you to
- work and study in Australia
- travel to, enter and remain in Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted.
How do I apply for this visa?
To lodge a New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461) application, please prepare documents per the below checklist.
See: Application checklist
- Photocopies and translation
- All documents included in the application must be copies of the original documents.
- All documents not in English must be translated by an accredited translator. English translation must be translated by an accredited (http://www.naati.com.au) or professional translator. The translation must be either on company letterhead or must have the translator's official company stamp/seal and must include their contact details.
- Returning original documents
- All original documents provided as part of your application will be returned to you by courier service at your own cost. Therefore we encourage you to provide copies of the original documents.
- Processing service standards
- Information on the average processing time service standard for visa applications processed in Seoul can be found at Application Processing Time - Service Standards. Processing time on individual cases may vary depending on individual circumstances and the complexity of each case.
- Visa decision
- You will be notified of a decision by email (if you have agreed to electronic communication) or by post.
- Australian visas are recorded electronically so a visa label is not placed in your passport.