From 1 January 2018, payments for visa and citizenship by descent application charges can be paid by credit card only in Seoul and Tokyo.
Credit card payments are processed in Australian dollars (AUD). Acceptable credit cards are VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, Diners, and JCB and Credit Card Surcharge will apply. Check cards and debit cards are not accepted.
Note: If paying by credit card in Australian dollars:
- you MUST declare the amount you intend to pay in the application form in Australian dollars, and
- you may incur banking and currency conversion fees and you accept the risk associated with any currency fluctuations.
Visa Application Charge
The Visa Pricing Estimator will give you an estimate of the charges you may need to pay to lodge a visa application.
See: Visa Pricing Estimator
Method of payment
The Department’s preferred form of payment for paper-based applications is now online pre-payment through ImmiAccount.
Please make your payment electronically through the ‘My Payments’ section of ImmiAccount.
- Sign into, or create, your ImmiAccount and select My Payments>Manage Payments>Pre-Pay Paper Service, at www.homeaffairs.gov.au/immiaccount
- Credit card payments are processed in Australian dollars (AUD). Acceptable credit cards are VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, Diners, and JCB and Credit Card Surcharge will apply. Check cards and debit cards are not accepted
- Record the payment receipt number on the application and attach the receipt.
- Lodge your application within 30 days of making your payment online.
Citizenship by Descent Application Charge
(From 1 January 2018)
|Citizenship by Descent||AUD230|
|Citizenship by Descent – Second and subsequent siblings applying at the same time||AUD95|
Application forms, booklets and information forms can be downloaded as a PDF file from the Department of Home Affairs website. You require an Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view and print the forms and booklets.
See: Application Forms
See: Information Forms and Booklets