Current fees for September 2018
- All payments must be in Japanese yen. Accepted payments types are cash or postal money orders. Credit cards are NOT accepted
- Fees are subject to change and updated on the first working day of each month based on the current foreign exchange rate.
- Fees are payable on lodgement
Fee (in JPY)
|Administering an oath or receiving a declaration or affirmation||￥5,800||- Effecting, or attempting to effect, service of a document and issuing a certificate or affidavit of service or attempted service of a document
- Administering an oath or receiving a declaration or affirmation
|Witnessing a signature or seal on a form or declaration||￥5,800||Per person, per document|
|Verifying and certifying a copy of a document or part of a document||￥5,800||Verifying and certifying a copy of an original document or part of an original document. Per person, per document.|
|Signing a document, or affixing a seal to a document or other article||￥5,800||Per person, per document, per photograph|
|Preparation and issue of an Apostille or Authentication certificate||￥6,600||Preparation and issue of an Authentication/Apostille certificate|
|Preparation and issue of a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage||￥11,600||- Preparation and issue of a Certificate
- No additional fees for witnessing applicant signature on form
- Application form/declaration will be returned to client
The above notarial fees apply and are payable under the provisions of the Consular Fees Act of 1955 that sets out the level of fees to be charged for the performance of various notarial acts performed overseas.