To celebrate the launch of Australia now, the Australian Embassy in Tokyo is giving three winners and their guests the chance to see one of the world’s great orchestras, the Australian Chamber Orchestra on Wednesday 30 May.
To enter the Competition, please answer our quiz question by commenting on the Australian Embassy’s official Facebook page post about this campaign (please click here) or alternatively post your quiz answer along with the hashtag #Australianow2018 from your Twitter account. Entrants must be Japanese residents and 20 years or older. The campaign closes on Sunday 15 April 2018.
What are the three themes of Australia now? You can answer either in English or Japanese.
Entrants are also encouraged to post pictures relating to Australia. We will be giving away three pairs of tickets for six guests to the Australian Chamber Orchestra Special Opening Concert on 30 May 2018 at Tokyo’s Yomiuri Otemachi Hall. For more detail about the event, click here.
For more information regarding the lottery, including the full terms and conditions, please see below.
Photo: Wolter Peeters
Terms and Conditions of Entry
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE COMPETITION.
- The Australia now – Australian Chamber Orchestra Competition (the Competition) is a competition run by the Commonwealth of Australia through the Australian Embassy in Tokyo (the Embassy).
- The Competition will run from 1.00pm Tokyo Time, Tuesday 13 March 2018 to 11:59pm Tokyo Time, Sunday 15 April 2018
Eligibility to enter
- Entry into the Competition is free and open to Japanese residents who are 20 years or older.
- Employees of the Embassy or its attached agencies, its contractors and/or their immediate family members are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family member means a spouse, defacto partner, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent and/or sibling (and their spouses).
- The Embassy reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Entrant and to exclude and/or disqualify any Entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements. By entering the Competition, the Entrant warrants that he or she meets the eligibility requirements.
- What are the three themes of Australia now?
How to Enter
- To enter the Competition each Entrant must, during the Competition Period, answer the Competition Question in either English or Japanese by commenting on the Australian Embassy Facebook page (link to the post) or tweeting their answer along with the hashtag #Australianow2018 on their Twitter account. Entrants are also encouraged to post a picture of Australia.
- Each Entrant is only permitted to submit one answer either via Facebook or Twitter. Entries which are found to involve fraudulent practices, such as false email addresses or fake Facebook or Twitter accounts to allow multiple entries by the same individual, or any other illegitimate behaviour to gain advantage over other entrants, will be disqualified from the Competition.
- If entering via Twitter, the Entrant’s account must be set the account to ‘Public’. If the answer is private, it cannot be included in the Competition.
- Answers will be deemed to be accepted once published on the Embassy’s Facebook page or the Entrant’s Twitter account with the hashtag #Australianow2018. The Embassy will not be responsible for any answer which is lost, late, incomplete or otherwise not received by the Embassy for any reason, including telephone connection failures, internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Any costs associated with entry into the Competition will be borne by the Entrant.
- Three pairs of the Australian Chamber Orchestra Special Opening Concert tickets are available to be won in the Competition.
- The Prizes are given "as is" without any warranty, and are not transferable or exchangeable for cash. The Embassy reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes are not available.
- Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, the Embassy will not be responsible for any costs associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prizes, including the cost of making necessary travel arrangements to redeem the Prizes.
Selection of the winners
- Only correct answers are eligible for the draw. The winners will be drawn randomly from all correct entries submitted on Facebook and Twitter during the Competition Period. The decision of the Embassy is final.
Announcement of the winners
- The Embassy will announce the winners of the Competition by tagging them on a post on the Embassy’s Facebook and Twitter pages after the Competition Closing Time.
- The Embassy will also notify each winner via direct message within two days of announcing the winners. At this time, the Embassy will seek the winners’ details (name and age) (“Personal Details”) and address details (in Japan only), to organise collection of the Prizes. The winners must provide the Personal Details and address details within one week of the request by the Embassy.
- Entrants who are Twitter users must follow the Australian Embassy’s official account (@AustraliaInJPN) in order for the Embassy to be able to send them a direct message.
Shipping of Prizes
- The Prizes will be shipped to each winner using the address details provided by the winner. The Prizes will be shipped on or after Monday 14th May, 2018.
- If a winner fails to provide the Embassy with their Personal Details and address details within the required timeframe, or provides incorrect address details, the winner will forfeit the Prize and the Embassy reserves the right to select another winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The Entrant warrants that their entry or any picture posted in connection with the Competition have not been copied, recreated, reproduced or derived from any other work and that they do not infringe on any other legal, intellectual property or privacy rights of any third party. The Entrant indemnifies and holds harmless the Embassy from any and all claims by any third party arising out of the use of the Entrant’s entry or posted picture, including but not limited to claims of infringement or violation of the intellectual property or privacy rights of the third party.
- The Entrant grants the Commonwealth a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, copy, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, the Entrant’s entry, in whole or in part, in any medium, now or at any time in the future for any related purpose of the Commonwealth.
- The Entrant grants the Embassy the right to use their Personal details, likeness, comments and/or entry for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Competition or publishing the name of the Prize winner on the Embassy’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- The Entrant acknowledges that while the Embassy will disclose this information to Facebook and Twitter for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in connection with the Competition, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
- The Entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Embassy, Facebook and Twitter from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Entrant’s participation in the Competition and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
- The Embassy is not responsible for content that third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via social media services. The Embassy accepts no liability whatsoever arising from or connected to the currency, accuracy or completeness of any material posted on social media sites or elsewhere on the internet and disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of information provided via this vehicle.
Amendments and cancellation
- The Embassy reserves the right to, at its absolute discretion and without prior notice, vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions and the Entrant’s continued participation in the Competition amounts to acceptance of any revised terms and conditions. The Entrant should check the Embassy’s website on a regular basis for any changes to these terms and condition. If an Entrant does not agree to a change, they may withdraw from the Competition by emailing Australianow2018@dfat.gov.au
- The Embassy reserves the right to, for any reason and without any obligation to state a particular reason, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. In the event of such cancellation, termination or modification, the Embassy may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prize in respect of the Competition. The decision of the Embassy to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition will not be subject to any liability nor compensation of any nature.
- The Embassy’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every Entrant. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of Japan.