Notarial services are only available where the documents are Australian in origin, or intended for use in Australia. Ensure you provide correct written instructions to our staff. Fees apply.
Notarial services in person
Notarial services are by appointment only. All Notarial clients must have an appointment in order to enter the Australian Embassy in Tokyo for the safety of yourself, other Embassy visitors and staff.
Australian Embassy, Tokyo Australian Consulate-General, Osaka
Notarial service fees
- From 1 June 2020, the Australian Embassy Tokyo will accept credit card payments only (Visa/Mastercard/Amex Credit and Debit Cards only) for all notarial services and Australian passport applications. Please click here for the current Notarial service fees at the Australian Embassy Tokyo.
- For in person notarial services and Australia passport applications at the Australian Consulate-General in Osaka, cash will continue to be the only accepted form of payment. Please click here for the current Notarial service fees at the Australian Consulate-General in Osaka.
Notarial services by mail
Only the following Notarial services can be submitted by mail:
- Certified Copy of Original Documents
- Authentications or Apostilles
- Certificate of No Impediment applications appropriately witnessed (only those witnessed by an Australian mission or local notary public are acceptable). Signatures witnessed by other Australians with valid qualifications or occupations who may be able to witness signatures in Australia, will not be accepted for Certificate of No Impediment purposes in Japan.
Notarial services by mail are offered from within Japan only.
Please print and complete a Credit Card Authorisation Form to pay for your selected Notarial Service.
Fees are the same as services provided in person.
Your documents will be returned to you unprocessed if you have not completed the Notarial Checklist prior to mailing your documents.
Please note due to COVID-19, notarial services by mail are currently only being processed by the Australian Embassy Tokyo:
Australian Embassy Tokyo
2-1-14 Mita, Minato-ku
We aim to return documents within 5 working days.
For further information, please visit our FAQs.